Thursday, May 1, 2008

A painful experience

Canadians would rather visit the dentist than fill out their taxes. No surprise given the delays today on CRA's website due to heavy volumes on the NetFiling system...caused by last-minute filers.


















Related: T-Day: Pay the taxman by midnight or else!, Tax deadline extended, unless you owe, Netfile users get May 6 tax extension, Revenue agency fouls up, still gives taxpayers a break. Now, that's a change, Online logjam gives respite to tardy filers, Hey, Mr. Taxman

3 Comments:

At May 2, 2008, 5:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's now all over for this year. I do my own income tax. Many people don't realize how heavily taxed we are. An example, I am in the second tax bracket, since my taxable income is above $37,178 for the tax year 2007. I found a missing T5 slip for interest. So I recalculated my income tax knowing what a large bite will be charged to this extra declaration. My missing T5 slip was for $586.00 and I had to pay 37.48% of that amount in additional taxes. That's $219.63

Highway robbery, no doubt about it.

 
At May 2, 2008, 5:31:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Highway robbery is right! that definitely blows.

 
At May 2, 2008, 7:16:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Where's lady Godvia when we need her? She showed her assets to protest high taxes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home